Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Life Intimidates Art

With sincere apologies for suggesting that there is any art involved in the production of this blog...

Real life continues to infringe on my free time, and hence the lack of of posts in this forum.

If you are interested in how I'm spending my midday today (Tuesday) and Friday, go to http://www.kyw1060.com/ and click on "Listen to KYW Newsradio" and you'll hear me in my full-fledged traffic glory..."on the 2's" between 10 AM & 3 PM.

Just try and contain your excitement.

(Hey, it's me again at 1:26 PM-- hopefully nobody followed that link today, because my shift has turned into a huge battle with phlegm ...although if you like the sound of a female with a cold, then by all means tune in -- you've got another hour-and-a-half

7 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 8:07 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

Ah, the magic of phlegm! One of our local Fox News peeps had a problem with that the other day that went on so long during the morning news that I wanted to reach through the TV and pat her on the back.

Of course, I read this too late today to hear you in all your radio glory. I shall tune in on Friday. If you can manage a cryptic Michael Penn (or Olivia Newton John!) reference in one of your traffic reports, I'll send you something fabulous from DC. ;-)

 
At November 29, 2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Cyn said...

I can already think of one MP phrase that would fit right in...

If only we had an East Grapevine in Philadelphia!

 
At November 29, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger radiocynic said...

Or a Cahuenga Boulevard would help, too.

... but the Schuylkill is stop and go; this much I do know ...

Doesn't ring quite as well.

 
At November 30, 2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured it was time for someone other than a radio personality to comment.

You have to be able to get "No Myth" in there. "It's no myth that traffic on the Schuylkill is clear right now."

There's more where that came from - but feel free to use that one.

 
At December 01, 2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Merujo said...

"...traffic is so slow right now, it's a kind of parade..."

We could do this for hours, you know. ;-)

 
At December 01, 2006 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just listened to you - sounding good! I was tempted to call in to the Cingular tip line and tell you about the "Bucket Brigade" on Broad St.

 
At December 01, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Cyn said...

1:32 PM, my MP song quote (from "Drained") was "you'll be tied up" (Now if only the blacktop had dried up...)

Yeah, pretty vague reference, but I don't usually say "tied up" in my reports at least.

I'm having some freaky occular-migraine visual disturbances now, so I'm off to enjoy the zig-zag prisms breaking up my field of vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home