Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hopelessly Devoted...

Maybe I'll give all my posts Olivia Newton-John song titles from now on. Hmmm...

Anyway, I showed amazing restraint in not acosting ONJ on her way out of our office yesterday. If only I had casually opened my studio door at just the right moment, it could have blocked her path. Or I could have stuck my leg out to trip her. But alas, it was not to be.

When you've been a star for as long as she has, you evidently become quite an expert in brisk walking. I thought my "shift's over" gait couldn't be topped, but ONJ set a new world record in beating a path to the door. In fact, I'm not even sure her lovely little feet even touched the ground, so efficiently was she whisked out.

For the fashion-mavens here, Olivia was wearing an ankle length-ish skirt (maybe a panelled thin denim.) I also got the impression of a vest worn open, and either a turtle neck or ribbed crew on top. My Esteemed Husband tells me she was on a local TV show (the "10" show) earlier in the day, so thousands saw exactly what she was wearing, as opposed to my blur.

Anyway, in honor of the moment (or lack thereof) I present you with proof positive of my little youthful fling with country.




Forgive me if I somehow neglect to mention the year -- suffice to say that a few of you reading may have been embryonic (or younger) at the time.

The scariest thing (yes, even scarier than me in a cowboy hat) is that I still have that shirt in my basement. When patchwork Western shirts come back in style I am ready, baby! (Hey, if leggings came back, anything can happen...)

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 11:19 AM, Blogger radiocynic said...

To pick up where the comments from the previous post left off...

I may have already mentioned that, during high school, I almost always had at least one, if not three at once, ONJ album covers push-pinned to my bedroom wall.

However, I must point out that if I had access to this picture at the time, it likely would have displaced them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home