Monday, November 06, 2006

Olivia in the House

As I type this, Olivia Newton-John is just down the hallway.

Okay, I'm at work, and all I got was a glimpse of ONJ being whisked down the hall past my glass studio door. But one of her publicists smiled at me.

This is pretty darn exciting for a girl who spent her high school years in cowboy boots, singing along to all of Olivia's countrified pop. Yes, even before Grease.

Even now, even though I haven't listened to her music for many a year, I honestly love her.

It's all I can do to resist the temptation to meander down the hall -- maybe Ms. N-J would like a mini-Snickers bar? I've got one of those. Some herbal tea?

There's something about the idols of your youth that never leaves you. And if Pat Benatar ever shows up here, I'm tackling her at the door.

3 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Tom said...

When I was in high school, and Olivia was in her heyday, I was a reluctant fan: being tres cool and all, I *had* to think her music sucked, but being an 18-year-old guy and all, it was tough to hate everything about her.

It's nice to see you posting again.

 
At November 06, 2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be Kristen's idol now.

 
At November 07, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

Three syllables: Xa-na-du. :-)

I just found out today that ONJ's grandfather was Max Born, a Nobel-prize-winning physicist and one of the founders of quantum physics in the 1920s. Pretty wild, huh?

The Sasquatch will be so envious. He still has a crush on ONJ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home