Tuesday, January 20, 2009

From the "Never Thought I'd See the Day" File

My first post of the new year, on this auspicious day...

2009.

The year the dream I didn't allow myself to dream came true anyway.

The year the nation I live in would truly, and collectively, see beyond the color of a man's skin to the content of his character.

The year my hopes - long encapsulated in the frost of cynical despair - have been released.

I never thought I'd live to see this day, but Lord, I'm glad I did.


Godspeed, President Obama.

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 5:04 PM, Blogger radiocynic said...

Nicely said as usual.

What is this weird feeling that we all have today? Oh yeah, that's it, politcal optimism. Bizarre.

 
At January 31, 2009 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's telling that someone as young as you thought - you'd never live to see the day.

I'm glad we all did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home