Monday, April 14, 2008

Why you might not hear from me for a while

We met these two fuzzy creatures at the animal shelter today...and if all goes with they will be home with us tomorrow night.


The artists currently known as Whispers & Buttons (but we're working on the names as I post this) being held by a shelter aide -- wee little balls of fur.



"Whispers" (left) had been washed into a coma by his sister "Buttons" (in middle.) Their brother "Pugsly" (the fluffball at right) has been adopted too.



Here I am, holding "Whispers."



Esteemed Husband holding tiny "Buttons" who is making HUGE eyes at him. ("Don't keep calling them those dumb names," says Husband, looking over my shoulder at this very moment.) (Perhaps I shouldn't admit that we've been bandying kitten names about for the past 90 minutes now and have yet to reach a consensus. It was easier to name our children.)



It's me and Mr. Whispers, er...the male kitten, curled up so sweetly.

So...18 months after losing Leo, looks like we're back in the cat business again. Our adoptees are about 2 months old, and going under the knife tomorrow. (They'll never know what they're missing...)

I predict about, oh, 8 billion more pictures to follow. And maybe even some real cat names.

8 Comments:

At April 14, 2008 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the kittens. They're adorable (Kristen is looking over my shoulder and saying she wants kittens - see what you've done?).

 
At April 15, 2008 8:54 AM, Blogger radiocynic said...

Have we mentioned Esteemed Husband is nuts for giving in to add anything else to the plate of responsibilities these days? But yeah, pretty darn cute, eh?

I may have come up with an actual potential name compromise, but I won't post until it's all been approved by Esteemed Wife / Creator of Blog / Ruler of All Things Cat.

No one seemed to like any of my original name suggestions, since they're usually based on the premise that (despite their cute-itude) cats are inherently pretentious, therefore should have silly purposely-pretentious names...

Like no one liked "Toccata" and "Fugue", or "Bach" and "Vivaldi"... I kind of knew that "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" wouldn't fly... Um, "Lovely Rita" and "Mr. Kite"? "Polyethylhene Pam" and "Mean Mr. Mustard?" Nah...

Just so it's not the generic Animal-Shelter-pulls-them-out-of-a-hat names. ("Whispers" and "Buttons"; blech.)

 
At April 15, 2008 10:48 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

Now come on, Esteemed Husband, the girls & I DID like Vivaldi just not any of the names paired with it.

Since you're outing your suggestions, don't forget "Richard & Karen" or "Boris & Natasha!"

Mellotron, Oberheim, Chamberlin -- all good, if a bit weighty and not fitting my rule of ending in a vowel (due to my theory that cats respond to vowel-ending names better)...What else did we have? I liked Philo, Tesla, or even Nicola (although, come to think of it, calling out "Nicola" would have reminded me too much of that cough drop spot("REE-CO-LAAAH.)

Anyway, I like your name compromise - alot - now just have to run it past the urchins before going public.

 
At April 15, 2008 11:47 AM, Blogger radiocynic said...

While I'm admitting to these, I should also add "Captain and Tenille"... What else was there? ... oh yeah, "Sushi" and "Sashimi" (too cutesy and/or common), "Magritte" and "Hopper" (too bunny-like)...

Hmmm, "Gibson" and "Fender" don't end with vowels, do they? Nor do "Moog" and "Arp", or
"Steinway" and "Bosendorfer"... Um, "Vox" and "Farfisa"? "Knabe" and "Kawai"? Nah.

Hopefully the other ones will work. Who has time for such earth-shattering decisions?

 
At April 15, 2008 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW! congratulations. new kittens are always so fun. i remember when i first brought my little fur balls home. <3 lol. cats are so great.

 
At April 15, 2008 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get a vote for Michael and Aimee?

 
At April 16, 2008 9:46 AM, Blogger kristen said...

In college my roommate had a fish tank, and there were two little faux shark twins (you can tell how much I know about marine life). We named them Rob and Fab after Milli Vanilli.

My other ideas:
Ashford & Simpson
Peaches & Herb
Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
Herb Albert & Tijuana Brass

Yes, I was listening to the 80s station this morning. And I like the name Herb.

 
At April 17, 2008 7:05 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

Speener -- you know "Michael & Aimee" came to my mind -- and anything ending in "ee" is a really good cat name -- but just too predictable, I guess...

Anyway, I completely forgot "Sonny & Cher." Darn.

Kristen -- I'm think I'm lucky the familial unit agreed on names yesterday (to be released soon!) because you have some interesting suggestions.

Anyway, the felines were spayed/neutered too late in the day yesterday to be brought home last night...but we're getting them this afternoon. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home