Friday, February 08, 2008

All Vai Aside

Well, I was all set to blog a bit about how we saw local TV guy Vai Sikahema walking his dog in our neighborhood this afternoon.


Well, actually my husband saw him...I was attempting to memorize the contents of the Target circular (a plan of attack is essential when discount shopping!) as we drove by Vai.

Anyway, my intention was to tie in the sighting with an observation about how the only celebs we have locally are TV news people (and isn't that a just a little bit sad?)

Unfortunately, a series of distractions called to me when I sat down to blog. First, was a very funny Aimee Mann YouTube trilogy (and she is just adorable)...







...then, I somehow found myself playing with a photosphere in Second Life.

A bit of everything...with no attempt to match



So, sorry Vai, I will not be elaborating on your stellar appearance on our street. Even though you seem like a swell guy. Even though you've got the best name of any Philadelphia anchorman (Just say it out loud folks -- "Vai Sikahema" -- it dances off the tongue!)

I won't even go into how I saw Vai jogging shirtless last summer. Or how we learned that he likes sushi.

Instead (because I am lazy and words seem to be hurting my head at the present moment) I will present a Second Life snapshot (dedicated to Merujo) of Dwight Shelford's apartment - Dwight Shelford being the avatar of the fictional Dwight Schrute of The Office fame.



Let's see...we've got the pretend apartment of a pretend avatar based on a pretend human. This is seeming more and more pointless all the time. But I guess that's the point.

Being a homeless avatar, I'm continuously looking for a quiet place to change "my" clothing...and it was for that purpose that I spent a bit of time in Dwight's deserted apartment a while back.

The Office-inspired booze cruise ship in the sky below was my changing room another day.


I promise some real actual sentences next post. Although I can't promise those sentences will be of any relevance whatsoever.

5 Comments:

At February 11, 2008 2:30 PM, Blogger Dr Zibbs said...

Very cool pics of second life.

 
At February 11, 2008 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really going to have to watch the Aimee videos - I love the guy interviewing her in the one on your site. He's on Best Week Ever all the time.

BTW - at least your news person is a minor celeb having played in the NFL for a few years.

 
At February 13, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Cyn said...

Do you mean Paul F. Thompkins? By the way, I believe he's originally from Philadelphia.

I was aware Vai had some sort of football history (although I try and keep anything involving sports out of my consciousness)...if I had actually written what I intended to I would have only had nice things to say about him (and his jogging.) But I would have made fun of another(female)newsie I saw once in the supermarket hiding behind these huge shades. As if we cared.

 
At February 13, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Cyn said...

Oh...and thanks dr. zibbs!

 
At February 16, 2008 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - Paul F. Thompkins - he's hilarious. And I finally sat down and watched the videos - I especially loved Emily Proctor's playing Aimee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home