Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunatic

Sometime in my early adulthood, I read in a goofy meaning-of-names book that my given name, Cynthia, means "moon goddess."

For all practical purposes, this has had no significance in the course of my life. But it made a name I didn't like very much seem kinda cool (in that mystical way that maybe only a child of the 70's can appreciate.)

Anyway -- if our household wasn't in the midst of being ravaged by some life-sucking virus (most likely a flu strain not prevented by the flu shot) I'd have more of a set-up for the photos below (which I took about an hour ago.)



Who knows why we all felt compelled to go out in the freezing weather and look at the lunar eclipse.

Maybe it's because my daughters were looking for an excuse to stay up late.

Maybe it's because a star from the constellation Leo is in the sky with that eclipsed moon (mystical dead cat and general astrological connection.)

Maybe it's simply because I like taking pictures (of basically anything.)




Regardless, I was really thinking I saw the profile of the man in the moon here.

But maybe it's just the flu.

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2008 10:58 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

It was really beautiful, wasn't it? I sat outside in my car, with the door open and my teeth chattering, watching it all.

Gorgeous.

Reminded me of eclipses and meteor showers I used to watch as a kiddo. :)

 
At February 23, 2008 10:58 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

BTW, jeez, I'm so lame, I forgot to say... feel better!!!

So darn tired right now, I think my brain has shut down. Sorry about that!!

 
At February 24, 2008 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the end of it and was still amazed.

Yes, and feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home