Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's a Virtual World, After All

In the past few months that I've been involved with the virtual reality "game" Second Life, I've seen more and more of the real world being integrated into the virtual landscape.


As a way to rationalize the time I've spent wandering around as my cartoon alter ego, I've been doing "research" -- visiting a few corporate installations taking snapshots.


Like this one at the Sony BMG Media Island:



The rest of my Sony/BMG series(including a disco ball -- woo hoo!) is viewable at:



It's the face of the future folks. Either that, or I'm just another slacker playing pretend. Or both.


Who knows?

3 Comments:

At August 07, 2007 12:44 AM, Blogger Merujo said...

Arrrg! I still cannot get online with SL. It was not meant to be for me.

I have to tell you, your flying squid ride has gotten me a lot of mileage at work with the guys who spend a lot of time in SL as they design the NatGeo environment. One of them will stop by my office periodically and whine, "But *I* want to ride a giant flying squid!" See, if you come visit DC, you'll be a celebrity here. :)

 
At August 07, 2007 7:43 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

Okay, I'm jumping on the train down right now (don't we all need to be a celebrity somewhere ;)

Alas, the giant squid is not there anymore (at least I haven't seen it lately.) It's flown off to another land, I guess (or suffered an untimely demise.)

It's probably just as well, for whenever my younger daughter would happen into the room as I was "playing" she would make me jump on it. Tell your guys that it does get old after a while.

You have to let me know what the NatGeo build is open to the public!

 
At August 10, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

I will let you know when it's up and running. Heck, you never know, my friend who is the NatGeo SL guru might even need someone to do some beta visiting.

If you can even do such things in SL... I remain sadly clueless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home