Monday, August 14, 2006

Cutting to the Chase

I spent Friday evening becoming an expert in ball rod assemblies -- and how was your weekend?

(Okay, now I will cut to the chase instead of making you sit through a wordy piece explaining what I meant by my opening sentence.

Even though it would have been a uplifting, yet cautionary, tale of the evils of procrastination...balancing the satisfaction of successful do-it-yourselfing with the regret of this-was-so-freakin'-easy-why-didn't-I-fix-this a long time ago.

But it would have been all subterfuge -- when the true purpose of my piece would have solely to throw the term
"BALL ROD ASSEMBLY" out into the blogosphere.

Because on some purely juvenile level, I find
"BALL ROD ASSEMBLY" humorous. Maybe my testosterone levels rose with the home repair, thereby affecting my sense of humor....

Have you noticed that even my cutting to the chase is wordy?)

So...okay...despite it's double-entendre phraseology, a BALL ROD ASSEMBLY is a simply a part that connects a sink's drain plug to the lever that makes it go up and down.

And on Friday, I replaced three sinks' broken BALL ROD ASSEMBLIES with three brand-spankin'-new BALL ROD ASSEMBLIES.


And I even had a couple of BALLS left over.

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2006 6:39 PM, Blogger The Rev said...

You lost me after the first sentence.

I mad a promise to myself that I wouldn't read any blog entries that mentioned balls and rods in it this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home