Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Short Hiatus

A mere two months ago, I was blogging about the death of my cat Zeke. And now his brother Leo (same litter -- "brother" isn't some kind of goofy humanization of my pets) is going through his own health crisis.

I've always been turned off by people that call their cats their babies, or consider themselves "mom" or "dad" to their pets. That said, I love this cat so much -- which is understandable because he is the COOLEST CAT EVER.

This morning, with catnip -"Oh yeah, I'm the (neutered) man"


Leo's got all the best qualities of a dog (affectionate, loves attention) and all the best cat qualities (elegance, low maintenance and good breath.) He's gorgeous too, even at 12 years old. He "talks"- with a whole range of vocalizations that tell me exactly what's going on in his little feline head. Plus, he gives neck massages (okay, they're not good massages, and I know it's some kind of instinctive kneading thing, but he gets credit anyway.)

Yesterday we found out that what looked like an infection due to dental problems is most likely a jaw tumor, with the vet uttering the dreaded "may have to put him down."

But this morning, he's eating again (after a couple whiffs of that kitty ganja known as catnip.) And I'm determined to make Leo the world's most spoiled cat for as long as he's able to stay happily on this planet.

All to say that I'm going to be taking a little break from the blog so I can devote that extra time to petting, scratching & enjoying every purr.

See ya when I feel like being a smart ass again...

2 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

I hope all is well and healthier with your feline buddy. I'll be watching for your return. :-)

Cheers,

MJ

 
At January 30, 2006 11:00 PM, Blogger Spencer said...

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers from me. Let us know when you feel like talking, but remember we're always here for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home