Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ohmigaaawd...

...like, did ya hear? Brad! Angelina! Baby!...

The big story on the national morning shows today seemed to be that Angelina Jolie is with child, and the fetus has Brad Pitt's genetic code written all over it.

Well, bless her little partially-lasered-off Billy Bob tattoos. You mean Angelina and Brad are really more than just friends?

If I cared any less...well, what is the smallest particle known to man? (Physics students or Stephen Hawking feel free to chime in here) Whatever that eensy-weensy particle is, I care less than that.

What is the fascination with Bradgelina (or whatever their hybrid name is)? I mean, Angelina was kinda interesting back in the good old days when she was wearing a vial of blood around her neck and making out with her brother on the red carpet.

But lately...yawn...all that adopting orphan nonsense...the earnest interviews...humanitarian photo ops...

And isn't it funny how one can get away with being semi-nuts if that one has a smokin' bod and lips with their own zip code?

The only difference between Angelina and your crazy aunt with the 20 cats is...ok...there are a lot of differences, but let's just say that if your crazy aunt looked like Jolie, she wouldn't have to resort to living with her felines who will eat her when she dies alone and unnoticed. She could be certifiable and still have a line of men waiting to explore her, um, eccentricities.

I won't even go into Brad. For reasons I can sum up with just one word: "Troy."

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

I'm irritated by the fact that I was actually thinking about Brangelina on my way to work this morning. I will never meet these people, they have no affect on my life, and yet, I found myself thinking, "Man, that chick was one hell of a good liar on the Today Show this past summer, talking about how she could never be with someone who cheats on a spouse..."

Arrrg. Must. Erase. Celebrities. From. My. Brain!!!

 
At January 12, 2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Cyn said...

I know what you mean. I actually began a conversation with my husband today regarding why celebrities haven't gotten the word about a little medical advance called contraception.

We spoke for a few minutes about whether some of these out-of-wedlock pregnancies were calculated for publicity or p.r. (especially thinking of a certain Mr. Cruise)...but it didn't take long before his eyes glazed over and the dreaded words, "I...JUST...DON'T...CARE" were uttered.

I happen to have married a sweet guy who even likes to shop, but is totally uninterested in gossip of any kind. Well, nobody's perfect.

 
At January 16, 2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Confessions of a Starving Mystery Writer said...

Gad. What is the Brangelina spawn going to look like?

Two beautiful people - is that like two positive poles of a magnet?

America has annointed celebrity our Royalty. Shame, shame, on us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home