Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Your Taxpayer Dollars At Work

We live in an area that is known for its very good school system. And known for the very high taxes needed to fund that very good school system.

And I've been very happy with the education my children have received.

But this lovely piece of artwork my kid brought home today is the finest example I've ever seen of how well our tax dollars are being spent:

A drawing of someone (evidently a female, judging by the garb) barfing.

In case you couldn't tell, the purple thing on the right is a toilet.

I've always dreamed of a day when one of my children would bring home artwork that prominently featured vomit, and finally that day has arrived.

I am very, very proud. I will treasure it always.

1 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 5:11 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

I dig the purple toilet. You probably have to pay really good money to get a purple throne.

Back in 1974, when I was in 2nd grade, the teacher gave us an assignment to draw an ad for something. It was some progressive, public school lesson in marketing. My friend Mary and I did a campaign for - I swear to god - designer nuclear warheads. We invisioned them as being sold by the Soviets under the brand "Bombs by Boris." Mary did the text, and I drew Leonid Brezhnev in an open-collared psychedelic shirt with gold chains and bellbottoms, riding a bomb.

Eventually, the two of us both ended up with degrees in Russian Area Studies, working at desks next to each other at the American Embassy in Moscow. So, perhaps someday, your child will be a high priced industrial designer, creating $10K purple toilets for posh NYC nightclubs and hotels...

What future role the barf might indicate... I leave that to you, mom. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home