Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Perfect Alliance

There are rare times when all the forces of man and nature seem to enter into a perfect alliance - a blessed convergence of intention and chance. And my Esteemed Husband and I were fortunate enough to be witness to one of those times last night.

We were honored to be guests at a wedding that was remarkable in very many ways...from the absolutely gorgeous weather to the coolest wedding cake ever.





The evening somehow managed to be simultaneously fun, funky and elegant. There were tiny toys scattered in the center of the tables and nostalgic candy as favors.





Got to chat at length with the ever-entertaining and witty Merujo.
I "smoked" a toy cigarette, reveling in the political incorrectness.

But that was all just window dressing compared to the real joy of witnessing a man and woman pledge their love to each other...with the sense that yes, the union of these two lives is just so right.

I'm still smiling.

(Even as I vow to be back to my usual cranky self very soon...)

And they served Vomitting Lion water. (You knew I had to get smart-alec-y sooner or later...)



3 Comments:

At September 30, 2007 10:46 PM, Blogger Merujo said...

You've just made me laugh myself into a coughing fit. Better go get myself a glass of lion vomit!

This was such a wonderful wedding and getting to enjoy it with you and your fabulous spouse made it even more wonderful. :) (And, amazingly, there was no fork in my purse!)

 
At October 09, 2007 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a part of everything. We had a great party and you can't have a great party without great people.

I am so happy that we were able to bring together an eclectic mix of people - I know we didn't actually get to spend a lot of time with everyone, but you never do when you're the host. I do recall actually talking to everyone though - so I think we did well.

As for the Lion water, that had nothing to do with us, although there's nothing better for you than a little lion's vomit ;)

 
At October 10, 2007 8:32 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

Spencer, I take absolutely no credit for any greatness that went on that day. If anything, it was a great party in spite of my presence. (The rest of the guests were pretty cool though...)

Just felt honored to be witness to the vows and enjoy the festivities afterwards. And we did enjoy them!

Merujo -- R was theorizing that there was a Bermuda triangle or similar under our table after we lost something else down there...but as we looked for whatever the other thing was that disappeared (I can't remember at this point) the fork mysteriously reappeared at my feet. Magic!

Btw, you are the best table companion ever. (Although I was so engrossed in our conversations that I pretty much ignored everyone else there. But social ineptitude is one of my trademarks anyway.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home