Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cars I Have Loved and Why My Husband Doesn't Need an SUV to Prove His Machismo, Volume 1

My significant other seems to have taken me to task for my last post -- he believed I was suggesting that he wanted an SUV to prove his manliness. Rather, I meant that a sensitive yet manly man such as himself deserved an appropriately manly car.

So, in my own version of making good, I'll hereby take the opportunity to enumerate some of the many reasons that he is a fine male specimen regardless of the vehicle he drives.

But, under the guise of equal time, I am also compelled to give homage to the cars I have shared my life with, those that have served me well and those who often left me stranded on the side of the road pre-cell phone.

Cars I have loved #1

My first car was a 1970 Ford Maverick, which I believe I paid $450 for. Used, of course. In its time, this was a compact car. The rear window visibility wasn't great, but it was a pretty cute ride.

The car and I were still in the honeymoon phase when it was totaled by a drunk driver, leaving me with a lifelong fear of death by auto.


Worst of all, I lost some perfectly good pizza.




Reason #1 that my husband doesn't need an SUV to prove his machismo.

He has moved a grand piano on his back.

True, he ended up with a couple of herniated discs, but boy is he ever macho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home