Sunday, August 21, 2005

Welcome to The Suburban Masquerade

For the past 10 years or so, I've been a resident of a suburb of Philadelphia -- living in a South Jersey development that was still being developed when I moved in. What used to be farmland is now the land of the SUV.

It's a place one would aspire to, if that one wasn't me.

So, I exert a large amount of energy trying to fit in, while all the while not wanting to fit in.

But I have a theory -- I'm not the only one hiding behind a facade.

I suspect there's a little darkness tucked inside our neighbors' houses with their perfectly manicured lawns. Maybe not to the Desperate Housewives extreme (darn -- that would make things too interesting) but things can't possibly be as well-adjusted as they appear to the casual eye. At least I hope not.

That aside, this blog aims to consistently amuse, occasionally inform and basically clear out all the junk cluttering up my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home